Kingfish Cafe: the most authentic southern style food on the West Coast. Started by two sisters who wanted to bring their grandmother’s southern cooking to Seattle, Kingfish really stands out. From their local neighbourhood location in Capitol Hill, menu, friendly customer service to the decor, Kingfish makes you feel like you’ve been transported to a home in Alabama.
Unfortunately, It was a dinner for two that night and so I wasn’t able to order more than 1 entree and 2 appetizers because of the extremely large portions. I couldn’t even order their famous strawberry shortcake dessert.
What I ordered:
- My way or the highway buttermilk fried chicken 3.5/5
- I was a little disappointed because I expected the “buttermilk” friend chicken to be extremely soft and buttery. It was a little dry but I could tell it was freshly fried.
- Down home mac n’ cheese 4/5
- This is one of the richest Mac n cheese dishes I have ever tasted, they use two kinds of white cheese and has a creamy texture rather than a pizza-like chewy and stringy texture.
- Sho’nuff fried green tomatoes 5/5
- This was my favourite dish of the night. Texture was just right and it was a great appetizer to start with
- Ambiance 3.5/5
- Love the quaint and homely decor but it was a little too dim for my liking
- Service 5/5
- Attentive, friendly and personal staff! One of the staff even remembered us and greeted us as we were down the block walking to the car.
Verdict: I will definitely go back so I can try more dishes!